10.31.2007

HELLO WORLD!


Brylee at about 2 minutes old


Brylee was born at 11:12 AM on October 31, 2007. That's right.....a Halloween baby. The day began with me (Mark) waking up at around 12:15 AM. I felt a little wetness on my pants and was thinking, oh no, I wet my pants....how embarrassing. At this point, I really was hoping I was dreaming. Then, I noticed that Julie was no longer laying beside me. Not only that, I noticed that our once normal mattress had become a water bed and the entire bed was soaked. Well, I put 2 and 2 together and noticed that Julie was in the bathroom. She came out soon after that and off we went to the hospital. I didn't feel quite as dumb thinking that I wet the bed when I found out Julie had the same thoughts that she may have we the bed.


We arrived at the ER around 1:30 and we immediately went up-stairs to Labor and Delivery. I was kicked out of the room while Julie got changed and checked. She was at 3 cm and 90% effaced at that time. The labor progressed and at 4 AM she was dilated to 4 cm. At around 6 AM, Julie got tired of the contractions and asked for the epidural. By 7 AM, she was up to 7 cm. At 9 AM, she was up to 9 cm. She started pushing at around 10:40 and little Brylee made her debut at 11:12 AM.


Weight: 6 lbs 11 oz
Length: 19 1/2 inches





Weighing in at 6 lb 11 oz


Brylee with her Mama



And with Daddy


She doesn't appear to be camera shy


Pretty girl resting after a rough day

7 comments:

Anna and Stephen said...

Congratulations! Brylee is a beautiful lady! What a joy!

Lindsey said...

YAY! I just was thinking about you guys today!!! Sooo Happy for you! :) Will call you soon.
Love,
Lindsey and JR

Christina.B said...

Congrats to you both!

You beat me to it.

Leah said...

She's so beautiful!! What a great surprise today! Who would have thought she would arrive two weeks early?!? I just love being an "aunt"!! I can't wait till I get to actually see her!!

Leah said...

And how does Julie pull off looking so good after just giving labor?!? =)

Brant and Cynthia said...

What a "Treat" on this special day! Brylee is so beautiful. Congratulations!!

kara farr said...

We are just so thrilled for you both!!! She is just a little DOLL! How sweet she is!! We can't wait to see her in person!! To think she could have been at the Fall Festival!! Congratulations to Stephen, Tyler, and Jessica!! And to Grandma and Grandpa!! And especially mom and dad!!!! We are so happy for you all!!!! Hope you have a great day!
Love,
Matthew, Kara, Blake, & Cole Farr